At the Göttingen Centre for Digital Humanities (GCDH) of the Georg-August- Universität a positions is available as
(studentische Hilfskraft, SHK)
in the areas of Content Management Systems (CMS) and technical assistance with data curation, presentation and refinement. The GCDH maintains a website and supports research projects in the Digital Humanities in various ways. To complete our team we hire a student assistant to technically maintain and take care of a CMS (Typo3) and support data refinement and curation in various research projects.
In order to develop our team and infrastructure, we seek a skilled and motivated student assistant on the basis of 10 hours per week for an initial period of 6 months with the possibility of extension. Flexible working conditions may apply, but students must be enrolled in a relevant Bachelor or Master Study program in Germany. For this task we prefer students from Computer Sciences and neighboring fields, although skilled Humanities or DH students can also apply.
• Support with administration of Typo3 CMS (8.7 LTS).
• BA or MA student in Computer Science or similar skills in Applied Informatics
• Experience with Linux based Webserver Systems (LAMP) and Typo3 CMS; Basic knowledge of CSS, HTML5 and Typoscript are a plus
• PHP and/or Java programming skills; experience with XML/XSLT and Apache Solr/LUCENE solutions are a plus
• Fluency in English and/or German
• Team player with good time management and communication abilities.
The position is open until filled.
Dr. Jörg Wettlaufer
Göttingen Centre for Digital Humanities (GCDH) Georg-August-Universität Göttingen