Göttingen, 23. 5. 2017
At the Göttingen Centre for Digital Humanities (GCDH) of the Georg-August-
Universität two positions are available as
(studentische Hilfskraft, HiWi)
in the areas of Language Technology and Data Science. The GCDH and its Digitisation
and Computational Analysis lab form a small incubator for developing pattern mining
methods for the Humanities and Social Sciences. We compile and analyze unique datasets
encompassing textual and measurement data such as literary corpora, historical GIS
and 3D objects, social media networks, and scientific publication archives.
In order to support our network and language analysis projects and infrastructure, we are
hiring student assistants on the initial basis of 10 hours per week for the period of one
year. Semi-remote working conditions may apply, but students must be enrolled in a
relevant Bachelor or Master study program in Germany.
Your tasks (depending on the selected project)
- Interfacing existing software, Implementing small algorithmic procedures
- Conversion, analysis, visualization of dataset
- Prior exposure to data mining and/or natural language processing tasks
- Hands-on experience with machine learning and statistical software libraries
- Java and/or python programming skills
- Fluency in English and/or German
- Team player with good time management and communication abilities.
Dr. Piroska Lendvai
Göttingen Centre for Digital Humanities (GCDH)